Heirloom Audio Productions has done it again! Their newest audio drama, Captain Bayley’s Heir, is just wonderful. If you haven’t heard of Heirloom Audio before you are in for a treat. Keep reading to hear all about this wonderful Christian company and their newest project.
New to my site or new to Heirloom Audio?
Check out my first experience with this company in my post In the Reign of Terror – Heirloom Audio – Review. In this post I go into more detail about how this company is amazing for anyone, but especially those with Dyslexia. In general Heirloom Audio Productions offers a way for books to come alive. These audio dramas are much more than normal audio books as through the acting out of the stories they are about to express and make you feel the emotions of whatever is going on in the story, ultimately drawing you in.
What is Captain Bayley’s Heir all about?
Captain Bayley’s Heir is described as a wild west tale. However this story goes way beyond just that. This story starts off in England with a young man in college who finds himself in a pickle of a situation. He is faced with a tough choice and by how he responds finds himself on an epic adventure across the ocean to the land of the United States of America. While there he learns many life lessons of faith and family through all the situations and people he finds himself surrounded by. Of course there is the typical wild west adventures of gun fights, country draws, wagon rides, and of course panning for gold.
Your kids will learn life lessons about…
Which friends to trust.
What being Saved really means.
Helping people even when it is hard.
Working together is much more effective than being alone.
Being honest can be hard, but is always the right thing to do.
And much more! All while sitting back and relaxing. What could be better?
Having only listened to two of Heirloom’s audio productions we would have to say that this drama was one that our family LOVED. It was a great storyline that kept us wanting to find out what was going to happen next. We got so into the story that instead of just listening to a few tracks at a time, we ended up sitting down and listening through the whole production in one sitting!
Beyond just listening to a great audio drama you can add to the learning with many downloadable items from their Live the Adventure Club website. One item that is available is a study guide. This guide offers questions to help with comprehension, questions to start lots of great discussions, as well as vocabulary words to help expand their knowledge and understanding of the story. The full audio drama is divided up into it’s track numbers, and each track has a separate study guide page. So, if you are looking to add more learning to this production than just listening to the drama, this is an amazing way to do so.
Through the Live the Adventure Club website you also have access to many other options to add to the learning.
- Download the e-book that G.A. Henty wrote. Would be awesome to have kids read the e-book first then listen to the audio drama.
- Listen to the full soundtrack. Would be great to help kids add awareness to how much music plays an important role in story telling.
- Printable Cast Poster. Could use this as a starting point for kids to research the lives of the actors/actresses from this production.
- Inspirational Hymn Poster. Would be a great addition to your homeschool room while you are diving into this production.
- Complete the study guide online as an adventure. Earn points toward getting discounts on future purchases. This would be perfect for your visually motivated learners.
- Read Along Script. For your dyslexic kiddos this is perfect. Listen to the production as they follow along with each word highlighted as it is being said. Is a great way to help your kiddos recognize words.
Interested in what other reviews have to say about this production? Click the picture below to be brought to more reviews.